Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meet the Kirks



The Kirk family is our fourth family benefitting this month!

 Hi! We are Steve, Brooke, and Nicholas Kirk, and we are adopting Ian from Bulgaria. I (Brooke) will leave on 7/29 to go back to Bulgaria and will come home with our son on August 13th!! We have been working hard to bring our son home for the past 18 months and are so excited that the time is finally near! I first became aware of the plight of orphans with special needs about 3.5 years ago when I joined a local homeschool group and met my friend Mandy who was in the process of adopting two little boys with Down Syndrome from Bulgaria. It was through following her journey that I found Reece's Rainbow and all the precious children waiting for families. It was Mandy who shared Ian's picture on her facebook page and I just knew that he was meant to be our son! We have been so blessed by the love and support shown to our family by the Reece's Rainbow community, our family, friends, church family and even total strangers.

You can read more about them on their Reece's Rainbow page.  You can also follow their blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment